[tcb] Re: Hey artzy-fartzy TCBers

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2008 05:32:10 -0800 (PST)

Julie:  Patina is in.  I would leave them just the way they are and let them
age with dignity.  But I defer to the artist, you, to make the final decision.
  Sammie

julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
  I want to hear what you have to say about this. The passenger door on my '71
is covered with dripping flowers. At first I thought that it looked like an
accident but the previous owner/artist said the "tears" were intentional and
they sort of grew on me but sort of not. Some of the paintings are fading. The
ones I love, I'm refreshing and a couple of the smaller ho-hum ones, I'm
replacing.  Should I keep and refresh my sad flowers or should I replace them
with something new? Here's a picture:
http://picasaweb.google.com/julie.hey.ho.lets.go/SadFlowers/photo#s5160356464317705314

  The one suggestion that I'm not going to consider is to bring my door back to
stock.

  I have posted this here and on our new fancy-shmancy website to reach both
the old school and new school folks.