[tcb] Re: Good show ,awsomw trophys

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:49:27 -0600

And speaking of the FW show: Almost lost the panel van coming home. You know these #%@$#%&*&&%## idiots that are driving the interstates, and everywhere else? You know the ones; 85-90 miles per hour and weaving in and out of traffic. Well, just before Tyler on I-20, dark, about 7:00 cruising very carefully in the outside lane at 70 (and I know that's 5 miles over but I don't want to get run over) I'm watching someone approach in the inside lane and traveling quite a bit faster than me, just as he got about even with the rear of the trailer I hear tires howling on pavement and looked in my mirror to see him dive left and then come back right moving right at the trailer. I punched the throttle as hard as possible to get out of his way because he was obviously struggling to not lose control. Well, as I watched him in the mirror his nose kept coming right, just missing the rear of the trailer as he began to roll. I saw him flip twice in the middle of the roadway then couldn't see him anymore. Shelley riding in the right rear and Beverly in the front passenger seat could still see him continue to roll until he went out of site down the right-hand embankment. There is no place for me to pull over with the trailer and the next exit was like 4 miles down the road and there was lots of traffic immediately behind him. So all I could do was get on 911 and tell them to send an ambulance and emergency crews. Had he been another 5-10 feet up on my side when he lost it we would have had one heck of a mess with probably all of us rolling and with the panel on the trailer. What caused him to lose control I have no idea. He was driving on a very straight stretch of dry highway with nothing in front of him and nothing really close behind. Could have gone to sleep and hit the left median, blown a tire or whatever I don't know.

Sammie

At 12:24 PM 11/6/2006, you wrote:
The show in Ft Worth was a great show , Lonnie made
all of the trophy's , clocks  made out of VW parts ,
Very very nice , the best ofs trophy's were awesome

Paul Smith
www.23window.com/thezone

T.C.B.
H.B.B.