[tcb] Go%#*^!m Mirror

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 20:28:11 -0600

I have looked at the pictures of the mirrors being supplied by Wolfsburg
West and West Coast Metrics and they are all the crap I bought before. The
new ones have a kind of dome that uses a bottom nut to lock down the mirror
pivot. It is .POOP! The real one looks like a bullet and screws down onto a
threaded arm. There should be a thread on each end of the arm. One for the
door hinge and the other to accept the bullet shaped thing that attaches to
the mirror with three screws. God, this is so hard to describe.

I would like to make it to Galveston, but I spent all day building a new
mirror from the scraps in the shop and a bunch of JBWeld. It looks like
hammered dog crap, but for the first time in a long time I have a mirror
that doesn't flop around in the wind. It seems that my part of the classic
car hobby is making parts I can't find.

All I need is a mirror arm with a threaded part that is the door hinge with
a thread at the other end. That's all I need. I have the other parts and I
have a mirror guy that will make me a new piece of glass for $5.