[tcb] Re: Fwd: How to lock your car safely

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 14:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

Darn, and I was all set to remember to always lock my vintage VWs with the
manual inside lock and not the remote electronic sensor.  I did lock myself in
one day though.

From: jki7886155@xxxxxxx
From: kelley roberts <kroberts1@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: javier deleon <jdeleon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; John L Lackey
<john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Jaime Alvarado <Jjalva51@xxxxxxxxxxx>; MR EARNEST
<mr.earnest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; James Alvarado <jca6125@xxxxxxxxx>; debra roberts
<droberts@xxxxxxx>; walter abernathy <kyloe_aber@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; babara frisbee
<bfrisbee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; don ramirez <ramjdon@xxxxxxx>; JDLJR@xxxxxxx;
Richard Gomez <rgomez10@xxxxxxxxxxx>; April roberts
<april.hollywood@xxxxxxxxx>; carla alvarado <calva2505@xxxxxxxxxxx>; brian
shields <gixser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Beth Kotzian <bkotzian@xxxxxxxxx>; roger sheker
<rsheker@xxxxxxxxx>; gary newton <gdnewton51-vette1@xxxxxxxxx>; Randy Summers
<rsummers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Daniel <dhoverson@xxxxxxxxxx>; nankelley@xxxxxxx;
trey roach <WROACH@xxxxxxx>; Church of Christ <calif.ln.arlington@xxxxxxxx>;
Greg Douglas <gd3@xxxxxxxxxxx>; Warren E. Berkley <w arren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>;
JKi7886155@xxxxxxx; david kelley <goreekid@xxxxxxxx>; greg douglas
 <GregD@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; chad franklin <chadh.franklin@xxxxxxxxx>; don taylor
<dwirecutter@xxxxxxx>; david kelley <goreekid@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>; david harris
<david.harris@xxxxxxxxxxx>; MATT MILLER <enginesbymatt@xxxxxxxxx>; renwick
batisse <rjbmotorsports@xxxxxxxxx>; david.thompson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx; frank
saldivar <saldivarfrank@xxxxxxxxx>; paula roberts <aquillagal@xxxxxxxxx>; Carla
Alvarado <C.Alvarado@xxxxxxxxxx>; holly lynn <hklynn64@xxxxxxxxx>; David Hill
<dhilljr@xxxxxxxxxx>; john lau <jlau@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>; Loren Ashley Roberts
<smallnvicious@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sat, 16 Aug 2008 8:34 am
Subject: Fwd: How to lock your car safely

Subject: How to lock your car safely

Useful information.

This is very troubling what lengths people will go to to steal what doesn't
belong to them ! 100% of the time I lock my car on the door lock inside when I
exit the car. Little did I know that is the best way to lock your car.
Read on......

Beware folks. This is news you can use.

THIS HAS BEEN CHECKED ON SNOPES My oldest son came over yesterday- he had to go
toCanada for work last week.  One of the other engineers traveling to Canada
with him, but in his own car had something happen...that I need to share.

While traveling he stopped at the roadside park, similar to what we have here
with bathrooms, vending machines etc. He came out to his car less than 4-5
minutes later and found someone had gotten into his car, and stolen his cell
phone, laptop computer, gps navigator briefcase.....you name it.

They called the police and since there were no signs of his car being broken
into- the police told him that there is a divice that robbers are using now to
clone your security code when you lock your doors on your car using your
key-chain locking device..

They sit a distance away and watch for their next victim. They know you are
going inside of the store, restaurant, or bathroom and have a few minutes to
steal and run. The police officer said...to be sure to manually lock your car
door-by hitting the lock button inside the car, that way if there is someone
sitting in a parking lot watching for their next victim it will not be you.

When you hit the lock button on your car upon exiting...it does not send the
security code, but if you walk away and use the door lock on your key chain- it
sends the code thru the airwaves where it can be stolen.

I just wanted to let you know about this...it is something totally new to
us...and this is real...it just happened this past Thursday June 19th to his
co-worker...

So be aware of this and please pass this note on..look how many times we all
lock our doors with our keys...just to be sure we remembered to lock
them....and bingo the guys have our code...and whatever was in the car...can be
gone.

Keep safe everyone!

Looking for a car that's sporty, fun and fits in your budget? Read reviews on
AOL Autos.
=

It's time to go back to school! Get the latest trends and gadgets that make the
grade on AOL Shopping.

Checked by AVG.
AM