[tcb] Fw: Re: Question on cost of Shop Supplies

  • From: "Chuck Blue" <sukchew@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Jan 2014 10:44:30 -0600

From: sue blue
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2014 10:01 AM
To: Chuck Blue
Subject: Re: [tcb] Re: Question on cost of Shop Supplies

Good Morning all-

Chuck asked me to see what my past employer did as far as "shop supplies" were
concerned.  Well, here is what I can tell you...shop supplies cover a wide
range of items and services that occur on almost every vehicle serviced, i.e.,
shop rags, lubricants, disposal fees, paper floor mats, just to name a few.
Each service repair shop has it's own way of figuring this fee.  My past
employer charges 10%  of labor cost up to $29.95, per repair order.  STATE LAW
REQUIRES that if you charge this fee on one RO, it has to be charged for
EVERYONE.  The same goes for the DOC fee on the purchase of any new or used
vehicle.  Check your contract, if you financed, to see what that was.  It has
always been a problem for the auto industry to cover these "miscellaneous"
costs for a service dept.  I will grant you that some service depts will see
just how much they can get away with.  But the fact remains, most of these
shops are honest and are doing the best they can to give their customers a good
service experience. Your alternative is to find a different shop and see what
you can bargain for.

Have a god day!!!
Sue