[tcb] Re: Fuel Delivery Problem Solved, and TP3 INFO

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 09:19:23 -0500

Hey Paul, you got it going. But how does it stop? Haven't heard how the new brakes are working.

At 01:43 AM 7/28/2006, you wrote:

One of those intermident problems that just drives you
crazier, We traced the problem down to the gas tank ,
after changeing filters (fuel) takeing the carbs off
(half full ) then trying a new fuel filter and it
would still run out of guess ,we decided it almost had
to be the gas tank .Bob was in the hospital all week
,so I dove in and took the tank out and took the
fitting that lets the gas out and couldn't see up
inside the tank, I took a hat pin and poked around
alittle and finally pulled out the brass filter that
had been there since new(1961) it was all wadded up
and restricting the flow to a trickle , after I found
a nofs brass screen filter and a nofs chingadera that
screws on to the tank , I feel comfortable that we
cured the problem .Cross your legs for me on this one
.I took it for a test ride and it passed ,but haven't
gone too far yet, I need to go to the mail box in
Belton and thats the distance it would act up . After
I get off here thats where I,m going . 45 paid entrys
to TP3 , I ONLY HAVE 2 MORE BADGES PLEASE TELL ANYONE
THAT YOU KNOW THAT HASN'T PRE REGISTERED AFTER THESE
TWO ARE GONE THAT'S IT , FIRST COME FIRST SERVED
SEVERAL HAVE SAID THEY WANTTED TO GO BUT HAVEN'T PAID
YET SO PLEASE IF YOU WOULD LIKE A BADGE SEND ALL YOUR
GUNS AND MONEY ,BECAUSE IT'S ABOUT TO HIT THE FAN.