[tcb] Re: F/E Cleanup?

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 16:31:03 -0500

It wasn't the Raby motor was it? If you had everything closed up and air filters on then you should be able to tell if any got into the engine. If there is no sign of any powder getting into the engine I would duck tape every opening closed and wash it down. Just to be safe drain and refill the oil afterwards. I don't know if that stuff is corrosive or not so you might want to spray it with some sort of neutralizer.

Mike

Gerald Livingston wrote:
So, what kind of cleanup is required after someone sets off an ABC in
the engine compartment? How far into the motor should one go to clean
up the extinguishing agent (white powder). Engine was not running when
extinguished (fuel filter in engine compartment type fire).

G2