[tcb] Re: Emergency brake cable

  • From: abe schlichting <gogretago@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 19:40:03 -0700 (PDT)

just get some bricks...

________________________________
 From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 7:23 PM
Subject: [tcb] Emergency brake cable

My emergency brake cables are way too short.  Sonne is a '60.  That year has 2
different lengths and I know they will not work.  They are about a foot too
short.

I am using the emergency brake lever and brakes out of the '66 and a cable for
a '63-'67 is longer (by 4" or 5") but not a foot longer.

Just for shits and giggles we tried a Bay window one which is an inch shorter
than the longest Split one (the before mentioned '63-''67) and did not official
install it because it is different on the brake side but it still seems to be
6ish" too short.

Ugh!

What makes the differences in emergency brake cable lengths?

Length of Bus?  Different emergency brake levers?  Like the cables hook on at a
different place up front?  Different backing plates?  The metal guy replaced
the tubes the cables pass through so they can be off a bit but not like 6".

Ugh!