[tcb] Re: DAC, Back from the Classic!

  • From: KIMBERLY THOMAS <kimberlyjothomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:40:32 -0700 (PDT)

Sounds like y'all had a blast can't wait until Jammy and I can go

wuzmop@xxxxxxx wrote:     Arrived with the family on time Friday, meeting
Bodean, Jason, and Katrina at the airport. The first day was a bunch of getting
settled, soaking in the action at the host hotel, making rounds and checking
out the cars.
  Saturday, we got up bright and early, went to the OCTO show. It was pretty
cool, full of vintage bus stuff. I was able to find James some corner glass for
his 23 window. Did some cruising around the beaches, we met up with Natt and
Angii and had dinner in Huntington Beach, saw that skateboarding bulldog. Once
back at the hotel that evening, we hung out, partied. Some of us until 5 am at
the pool! Alarm went off at 6:30 to head to the classic. Bodean looked like he
was going to cry the whole day.
  The classic is mind blowing. So many cars and vendors are there. Some
incredible rides. It seems like every car I saw for sale was WAY over priced. I
saw a nice, clean 72 ish automatic squareback the guy wanted $7500 for! It was
a $4500 car, tops. But there were also great deals to be had, just not so much
for us because we are traveling and canâ??t carry much. There was a guy with
some really nice blemished early bug bumpers for like $110 per set. We got to
meet Clyde Berg. There were Rometches, a Matador, a Frid, a Kubel, a
Shwimmwagen or two, Barndoor busses, Hebmuellers, some awesome Notches, T3
Ghias. An amazing amount of cars that you would probably never see anywhere
else. The late model contingency was pretty disappointing, nothing noteworthy
as far as any cool bays or anything.
  After the show we went to San Diego to hang out with Jason and Katrina, hit
the beaches and surfed on Monday, spent yesterday on the road traveling back.
Back at work today. Ug.

AOL at AOL.com.

Have a Godful and Peaceful day,
Kim