[tcb] Re: Cold drive to work!

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 09:25:00 -0800 (PST)

I drive Beltway 8. If you don't hit it running you will never make it. There
are areas of the beltway where I'm running between 75 and 80 just to stay with
the flow of traffic. That's why I don't drive the Vanagon to work.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:      .hmmessage P  {
margin:0px;  padding:0px  }  body.hmmessage  {  FONT-SIZE: 10pt;
FONT-FAMILY:Tahoma  }    texas traffic? i can never even open up the 4-banger
in that traffic.

---------------------------------
  Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 08:54:37 -0800
From: mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Cold drive to work!
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The Chevy (aka Bus parts chaser) was nice and warm once it warmed up. I thought
about driving the Cabriolet with the seat warmers but I do like the V8 in
traffic.

Brian Denning <i_am_cool_fred@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:       .ExternalClass
.EC_hmmessage P  {padding:0px;}  .ExternalClass EC_body.hmmessage
{font-size:10pt;font-family:Tahoma;}    i was cold in the danger ranger this
morning...20 degrees with a windchill of 13 brrrrrrr

the bus is covered though so we don't have to worry about him freezing (bus
content)

> Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 08:37:17 -0800
> From: k.d.martin@xxxxxxx
> To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Subject: [tcb] Re: Cold drive to work!
>
> Dan drove the bus to work today.
> I drove the Mazda. (Not bus content)
> Freeking cold I tell ya!!! It was 31 here this morning.
> I finally got on the DAC site and see you go turning it all off. I see how it
> is. (Ha just joking, we understand) Sorry you have to do sooo much work. Hey
> thanks for getting the TCB on
> the site.
>
> Katrina & Dan Martin
> 71'bus "Homer"
> http://web.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/
> http://ical.mac.com/danandkatrinamartin/Volks32Shows
>

> On Wednesday, January 02, 2008, at 10:25AM, <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> >

> >I knew it was a cold morning when I tried to start the bus and it sounded
> >like
> >it said screw you, screw,you screw you, untill it finally kicked over. It was
> >still a hard start with dual kads and no choke. Turned on the propane heater,
> >had the blanket over the legs and it was warm enough to drive to work. Passed
> >by the bank and it said it was 26 degrees. (bus content)
> >

> >On another note to anybody that uses the dallasaircoolers.com site, well the
> >ISP we had the server with had a massive crash and had no backups of this
> >particular server. They are still trying to recover the user data, but it
> >dosen't look good after 5 days. I have backups of all the pics I took of
> >events
> >and I'm going to ask anyone else who contributed pics before to get with me
> >after I rebuild the site (with a differand ISP) to see if we can get those
> >ack
> >on the site.
> >
> >Sorry for the hassle and it should be back up by the end of the week with a
> >new
> >look and maybe a few surprizes.

  The best games are on Xbox 360. Click here for a special offer on an Xbox 360
Console. Get it now!