[tcb] Re: Bus Idle issue

  • From: "Bergman" <bergmanfamily@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 09:00:23 -0500

A bad brake booster will do that.

  _____

From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Jeff Bednar
Sent: Tuesday, May 04, 2010 8:45 AM
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Bus Idle issue

Hey guys - my 72 bus with a '78 2000cc fuel injected engine is having a
issue idling, When i first start it cold it'll idle, after 5 min of driving
when i push in the clutch while slowing down or pull up to a stop sign in
neutral the bus dies, she restarts just fine everytime, but it's getting
annoying starting the bus 10 times on the way to work, or trying to gas and
break at the same time. I thought it was probably a vacuum leak so i had
good year smoke it, there was not vac leak anywhere.

Any ideas? Mass Air Flow sensor was one buddy's guess but i dont know how to
trouble shoot it.

Thanks,
Jeff Bednar
214.680.8535