[tcb] Re: Bulli-Gras 2010...

  • From: Julie <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2009 13:50:28 -0500

Emily thanks for looking into this and for getting the ball rolling. I will be there if it happens. I'm totally flexible on the electricity/bathroom/shower situations. No showers sounds scary but we can rent one hotel room and keep passing off the key to one another.

Sent from my iPhone

On Oct 22, 2009, at 11:16 AM, a1992cabbygirl@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Ok.  I want to bring up Bulli-Gras.

I looked up the state park in Galveston and it does say both sides are open now for camping.

The only thing is there are only 12 sites on the beach side with electricity. And they are $25 a night. Granted that up to 8 people can be on each campsite, it doesn't say how many vehicles. According to the map, there are not circles anymore, they are straight line sites and there are no restrooms with showers, just porta potties.

There is a circle campsite on the bayside of the park with electricity, but it doesn't show if any porta potties are available. These sites are $20 a night.

Bulli-Gras dates would either have to be Feb 6th(first weekend) or Feb 13th(second weekend). There is no telling what the weather would be like in Feb, but we have braved the cold and damp before.

I know that Steve and Sharon or Dennis and Claudia usually reserve the spots, but I just wanted to put this out there to see if there was any interest.

Seeing that there are only 12 sites available, we might have to reserve way early.

Opinions?

Emily