[tcb] Beach call once again

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2006 01:30:54 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

For anyone not running up to the Austin or FW show(s) I'm again extending
an invitation to come hang out for the weekend in Bolivar.

If you're going to the Lone Star Rally come on over and visit a while.

If you are NOT going to the LSR I strongly suggest taking the "long way
'round" and coming to Bolivar via Winnie. The LSR is in Galveston and they
had over 200,000 people last year AFTER GETTING WHACKED BY A HURRICANE.
They're expecting 300,000 minimum this year with a strong possibilty that
they will reach the 500,000 mark. It runs thursday to Sunday so there will
already be a crowd by the time anyone tries to head down after work on
Friday.

Never heard back from the CofC so this is just to be a mini "hang out"
weekend. I'll be there Friday to Sunday.

In case the words "family reunion" might cause some of you to cringe or not
want to intrude --- my family has always had an "open door" policy. My
grandmother raised her 7 plus a few others who were friends of her kids, or
kids of her friends. "Extra faces" that some have never met before is the
rule rather than the exception.

When "family reunion" is said most conjure up the thought of a bunch of
people who never see each other coming to one town, staying in hotels (and
not seeing each other some more), then meeting for a picnic or something
for 2 hours on Saturday --- then they go away and don't see each other some
more.

Not so with my family. We try to see each other whenever we can. And the
reunion? Well, it's a lot like the VW campouts I go to. We rent the biggest
beach house. It supposedly sleeps 17 -- we can get 30+ in there at night.
Anybody who can't fit in the house goes to a hotel, right? Not even close.
Had a couple of tents last year. I slept in the beetle. Have at least one
who's bringing a camper this year (other than me with the bus).

Some of us stay up until 3 or 4 drinking and partying and "catching up". If
others crash early we drop the volume or try to move away from the cabin.

So come on out.

G2

P.S.

Yes, I am working on the "how to handle high volume lists" web page. Turns
out there's a bit of work to be done to explain it easily because I handle
my email differently than a "normal user" would. It's getting there though.