[tcb] Re: Barndoor Ambulance for sale!

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2006 16:28:08 -0600

The owner told me that he was going to put it on the Samba. Can't remember the exact date of his e-mail but it was prior to the Tulsa show which was in late September. Haven't been on the samba much lately so I don't know if he ever put it on there or not.

At 06:40 AM 11/6/2006, you wrote:
I really cannot believe this has not sold yet?

Sammie Smith wrote:

Eric:
I put a note on here about a month ago about his ambulance and Peter was going to talk to him. It is a gorgeous perfect ambulance with everything there and even has the original tires. Only has about 17,000 total miles/kilo on the odometer if I remember correctly. And I think the price he quoted me was $22,000 but I would have to go back and look at his e-mail.
At 10:42 AM 11/3/2006, you wrote:

I know among us is some serious bus collectors that have money.
So, You may be interested.
A guy that works with me has a friend in Oklahoma that is selling a
perfectly original Barndoor Ambulance.
He doesn't have anywhere to store it and needs to sell it.
Believe me, I would be all over it if I knew I could in some way afford it.
I can't.
Now, it won't be some astronomically cheap price, as he knows what he has.
But the price his friend gave me didn't seem all that high.
I can get a phone number if anyone is interested.
I looked on theSamba, and I don't see this bus in the Gallery.
Dan and Katrina Martin did see this bus at some small town show somewhere
in Oklahoma or Arkansas and can attest to how freaking sweet it is!

Let me know if you are interested.