[tcb] Re: BBTS update

  • From: "Edward Aragon" <edwarda@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 09:28:36 -0500

Julie,
 Put me down for 2 adults and 2 kiddos

Edward Aragon
Hewlett Volkswagen
Parts Department
(512)681-3522

  -----Original Message-----
  From: tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:tcb-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 9:05 AM
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Subject: [tcb] Re: BBTS update

  Emily and I will be there.

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: "julie hey ho lets go" <julie.hey.ho.lets.go@xxxxxxxxx>
  To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  Sent: Friday, May 15, 2009 8:08:20 AM GMT -06:00 US/Canada Central
  Subject: [tcb] BBTS update

  Hey TCBers,

  As for who's going, I'm not really sure, I have had tons of maybes.  James
(as in our Biggest Daddyo) is planning on being there with his lovely girls.
And there is talk of other VOSA people attending.  Some Austin Aircoolers say
they are in but we are a flaky group.  The Woodalls, Mark and Emily, Christian,
Duncan and Cindy and maybe Rebecca and her family have all said that they are
interested.

  And to recap the food situation:

  As we did last year on Saturday night we are going to do a head count, we
chip in some cash (probably about five bucks) and then make a big fajita dinner
for all that want to join in on the meal.

  And again as we did last year on Sunday someone can make a run to Opie's
Barbeque which is less than a mile down the street.  And we will feast!  Texas
Monthly had it listed in their Top 50 Barbeque places and here's what they had
to say about it:

  Restaurant is named for: Owner’s old dog.

  The prime rib at Opie’s is so tender you almost feel sorry for it. How will
it protect itself? It lacks the brisket’s seasoned black bark, the baby back
ribs’ sweet, chewy crust, or the all-pork jalapeño sausage’s threatening heat.
The prime rib is defenseless, a perfectly smoked pink prey. Show it some mercy.
Also try the tater tot casserole and the homemade, bigger-than-a-child’s-head
cookies. Sauce is smoked in a pot alongside the meats, giving it an unusual
mesquite-infused bite. J. Silverstein

  Rating: 4.25.
  9504 E. Texas Hwy. 71, 830-693-8660. Open Mon & Tue 11—4, Wed & Thur 11—7,
Fri & Sat 11—8, Sun 11—7.

  And I will make a dessert each night in my Dutch ovens to share.

  Julie