[tcb] BBB anyone?

  • From: "Gerald V. Livingston II" <gvl2@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 24 Dec 2005 01:36:26 -0600 (Central Standard Time)

Jerome, are you still lurking on the list, I know you're not a big computer
geek but I hope you read this.

Any way to push that vacation back a week and go to Arizona instead of
Tyler, TX? I was gonna drive up there with y'all for a couple of days but
I'm liking the idea of a LOOONNNGGG leisurely drive for the AZ trip more
every time I think about it.

Paid somebody to synch the carbs -- not something I wanted to screw up now.

Rivi running good. Will put some miles on it over the next couple of weeks
then go through a break-in tune up (finally).

Brother in Hawaii. No family around here but a few Aunts and Uncles so I'll
spend my Christmas weekend working on the VW's. Will be moving the stereo
stuff from the bug to the Rivi. Can't afford to buy another head unit right
now because I bought speakers to more closely match the amps I have
installed. Makes the '66 bug bounce when it's cranked.

Can't afford the super high end stuff so I'm going with AidioBahn speakers
-- German name to go with the VWs (but <sigh> stamped made in Taiwan). I'll
get speakers and amps installed in both then get another head unit later.
Need one more amp for one of them as well.

Will get a better look at the Z-Bed while installing subs in the Rivi. It
pulls too far forward right now so the "center section" (when it's a bed,
the back of the seat when it's up) flops down off the engine cover section
and leaves a "pit". I sleep upstairs but it would be nice to have the Z-Bed
working right.

I'm thinking of making this a 4 day drive out there, leaving on the 9th and
arriving some time on the 12th. Skipping the interstate highways completely
and doing a back-road trip.

Some guys from Dallas are camping out from like the 6th to the 16th so I
also considered going up there for the 9th and 10th then leaving early the
11th and shooting for arrival early the morning of the 13th.

I think I like the long slow drive thought better though. If I *AVERAGE* 45
MPH during the times I am actually headed toward my destination then it's
about 34 hours of actual driving.

Anyway, I've been fiddling with this post almost 2 hours now between phone
calls and emails at work.

I'll see you all there.

Gerald