[tcb] Re: Attention: Coffee Pot has been loaded into the Bus for the classic

  • From: "Denis Dodson" <coocoo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2005 09:31:19 -0500

They made bad coffee. Mom and Dad often just didn't know the difference. My
Dad's coffee was the strongest, bitterest stuff ever. That's why people of
his generation put eggshells and salt in because the eggshells would soak up
some of the acids. He thought Mr Coffee was the greatest invention since the
light bulb.

Personally, I like the French Press or Bodum, where you bring the water just
to a boil and pour it over the coffee and then press the screen doodad down.
It makes a very strong and not bitter coffee.

But after waking up at 7:00 AM in a cold camp I consider anything hot that
anyone hands me a true sign of a loving God. As Andy Rooney once said
"People don't always want a good cup of coffee, they just want a cup of
coffee".