[tcb] Re: Arrgg-gone

  • From: Duncan <whocanduncan1@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 14:21:01 -0600

Thx, Mike. Good info.

Duncan

-------- Original message --------
From: Mike <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 11/30/2013  1:55 PM  (GMT-06:00)
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [tcb] Re: Arrgg-gone

Duncan,

Most people don't know that high pressure cylinders like argon, oxygen, 25/75
mix only seal completely when the valves are all the way closed or all the way
open.  Low pressure fuel cylinders like acetylene and propane should only be
opened 1-2 turns in case you have to turn them off quickly because of fire.
All tanks should be closed completely when not being used.  I myself have
emptied many a cylinder by leaving them on.

Just fyi if your mig welding you should be using a 25/75 mix and tig uses 100%
argon.

Happy welding.

On 11/30/2013 1:09 PM, Duncan wrote:
Well, I set up the welder from tig to mig so I can learn how to gas weld.  Got
it already only to discover the argon gas leaked out. Arrgggone.

Btw: the paragraph below is the same as above but with voice diction. Too funny.

well I set the welder up from pig to make like a learn how to gas weld and I
got all ready to go only discover albee are going gas it leaked out her gone

Duncan