[tcb] Re: Apalachicola and then?

  • From: Sammie Smith <slsmith@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 05 Nov 2006 21:34:41 -0600

Denis; I told you the FL panhandle had the greatest beaches in the world.
Sammie

At 09:25 AM 11/3/2006, you wrote:
I am leaving Destin now and staying on the coast road. I am planning a stop at Seaside, the town they used for the movie, "Truman". It is like a Stepford town where the whole thing was built at the same time as a perfect wonderful dream town. I will wait to tell more until I see it firsthand, because it was pretty regimented when it was opened.

Then I am going to Apalachicola, Saveur magazine named it one of 5 great food towns of America. I plan lunch there,

From there I plan to go inland. The Coast has been gorgeous, and if anybody was wondering, the Redneck Riviera of coastal Alabama and Florida are absolutely the best beaches I have ever seen. The sand is fine and as white as snow. The water is Caribbean clear and blue.

But since yesterday it has been cold and the wind makes it just cut right into you. So I am heading inland. the coast south of the bend in Florida becomes mangrove and nasty pointed sharp clumps, not beach. There are some nice places, but fewer and farther in between. I might go to Tallahassee, but I haven't found a reason yet.

Lalalalala!