[tcb] Re: Anyone have a spare PICT 34 I can borrow for a test?

  • From: Eric Woodall <eric@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2007 19:34:58 -0600

I'll buy it for $800...
Just kidding...

Trey Jung wrote:
I have been working on this thing all day to the point I took a hammer to the SVDA ,,,,, well there goes the rotor,,,,, have tried 3 differnt dizzy holders even the $25 aluminum ... broke that one about 2 hours ago,, got parts from 2 differnt Pict 34's trying to swap this and that ,,,, no luck in gettng the SVDA back in... it just stays out about 1/8 of an inch... ^%^%^^#$^# as Denis puts it... cant get the engine to start to start working with the carbs...

at this point I'm thinking of selling the damn thing....

I apprecaite all the help here,,,

Thanks

Trey

;

On 1/12/07, * Dan Martin* <danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx <mailto:danandkatrinamartin@xxxxxxx>> wrote:

I agree with the booster, Send it here if it is found to be bad:

    http://www.hrrebuilders.com <http://www.hrrebuilders.com>/

    Test the check valve while you are at it.

    On Jan 12, 2007, at 4:09 PM, Lonnie Bergman wrote:

    Almost every time I have had that problem, either the idle
    solenoid was not getting power or was loose, or what Haynes calls
    the pilot jet was clogged. Either of these will cause the engine
    to die every time you take your foot off the gas.

    Your first statement    "Symptoms: Coming up to a red light or
    stop sign as I am braking"  leads me to believe your brake
    booster is bad. I have had first hand experience with this
    problem as well.

    To test your booster, put you foot hard on the brake, then start
    the engine. You should feel the pedal move slightly. The same
    should happen when the engine is running and you turn it off
    while your foot is on the brake. I this does not happen, the
    booster is bad.