[tcb] Re: 2nd trip report

  • From: Mike Hayes <mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 21:00:29 -0500

Wow, 900 miles in one day in a VW. You are hardcore. Your carb problems might be the altitude. After all Denver is a mile high.

Hope the rest of the trip goes well.

On 7/27/2011 8:53 PM, sammie smith wrote:
I am spending the night just north of Denver CO. Made somewhere around 900 miles today trying to find a cool climate. Baja is running ok, not great, seems I have a carb wanting to mess up. It is cooler here and raining, but it was rather warm going through the Texas and OKlahoma panhandles. Saw 5 old bugs today. One in a salvage yard, one derelict behind someones house, one going down the interstate and two more parked in business parking lots.