[tcb] Re: 23 window paint

  • From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 2 Dec 2009 12:44:55 -0800 (PST)

James:  I found the name I was looking for:  Eliot Vancil and he lives in
Midlothian.  I am pretty sure he is the one that owns the original paint 55 23
window that was in the Ft Worth show.  Might be worth looking him up and
looking at his bus.  It is origianal paint.

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 2:14 PM

James:  Looked in my David Eccles book, VW Transporter and Microbus, and there
are about 4 photos in there that show what is shown on the samba ad that I
linked.  A couple of these photos appear to be original factory photos and are
not real clear, but look like they are showing the same thing.
Sammie

From: sammie smith <bugcollections@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [tcb] 23 window paint
To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 1:18 PM

James:  Have no idea if they did it correctly or not; but here is a 59 23 that
might give you some ideas on your paint questions.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=872108