[tcb] 1968 Camper

  • From: "Ronnie Hughes" <y4s6wd5@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Jul 2006 11:13:21 -0500

Say gang,

Yesterday I was in Conroe saw a 1968 VW Westy at a repair shop on Frazier
Street.  I stopped and found the owner and talked to him a while.  A real
"barn" find that the guy paid $350 for it.  So far he has another $1,000+ in
it.  He thinks it is worth $5,000, but I offered $1,500.  Didn't bite, but I
think if you want a "project" camper you could get it for less than $2,500.

All original paint, even had the stencil for the sliding door handle.  Original
seats, front & back, canvas, no curtains and rust all around on the bottom 6",
but very little on the floors and none around the windshield.

Anyway, if anyone is interested, I will go back sometime this week and get a
phone number.

Ronnie