[tcb] Re: 1967 pop top westy for sale maybe

  • From: Ken <velvetgreen67@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2007 14:58:50 -0800 (PST)

One ball joint is worn but all the remainder is like
new. Approx

  matt, a 67 bus doesnt have ball joints, you may want to clarify what you mean.

  ken

Matt Callahan <m58gc@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I am testing the water so to speak in regards to
selling my 1967 pop top westfalia S0-42.
It is complete with the childs cot, original outside
tent (Riviera style, the pole kit is aftermarket) and
both front and rear roof racks. I also have a rare
trip-meter speedometor in the bus.

I am the 5th owner and I have owned him for 6 years. I
had it fully rebuilt 4 yeqars ago so I could drive it
dailey with safety : motor, tranny, brakes steering,
suspension.

Motor is an "H" case and appears to be a stock 1500
with the non-working governor. In truth it has "88"
P&L's, and has been bored out for the doghouse cooler
that is attached. Was also powder coated.
The tranny was rebuilt with a 4:88 R&P and is painted
black. Has started poping out of 2nd gear recently...
not sure why...
One ball joint is worn but all the remainder is like
new. Approx 15K miles since rebuilds...

Battery tray is rusted and there is a slight leak at
the windshield when it is raining heavy.

Lots of extras over the years have I added, (Hella
road lights,Hella back up light, lots of bumper
badges) it is a very nice daily driver and has a few
trophies although it is not a show car..it does have
the TCB sticker on it though!

Financial needs are pressing and I am looking at this
as an option...

I have approx $10K invested, looking to get at least
$8K from it.
bug6259@xxxxxxxxx

http://mail.yahoo.com