[tcb] Re: 1964 VW Microbus project MUST SELL or scrap - $1000 (Lago Vista Airport)

  • From: Mark Sawyer <mechmark@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Jan 2007 08:25:55 -0800 (PST)

Wow, I didn't know it had sold already. That was fast. I just saw the listing
this morning

Denis Dodson <coocoo@xxxxxxx> wrote:          It sold. Who bought it?
Date: 2007-01-29, 3:12PM

Well, I've made many attempts now to upload my pics but to no avail; so I'll be
descriptive as possible. Any one who is seriously interested I'll email them
to.
The Kombi, affectionetly known as "abe," was purchased about a year ago with
the intent of a full restoration. As such the disassembly was almost complete
when I got a call from a friend who needed crew for his sail to central
america. Must see this vehicle go before next week, first come first serve. Any
one who can muster up a trailer or flatbed and some cash can have the clean
title. I would really like to get a grand but at this point I'll accept less.
The vehicle was parked after the previous owner died, the last time it was
registered/inspected was '98. It was a professionally built 1800(type I bored
out) with external oil cooler/filter, dual DeLordo carbs.(and it still turn
over, less than 6000mls since overhaul) There is some cancer in the cargo
floor(16*30in. needs to be spliced in) the rockers of course are gone and a
there is some body damage on the lower rear quater panels. It comes with a 130
mph speedo, oil pressure gauge, elephant ear mirrors. As mentioned
 this vehicle is complete just disassambled for bodywork and paint. The
reduction gearboxes have been removed and drive assy. appropriately modified.
The doors, seats, windows, motor/trans, front end, etc are packed in the
vehicle to ease the 'pick up' process. Again, any reasonable offer will be
accepted, but time is really of the upmost importance.
With questions or direction please call Brian at (512) 267 4686...leave a
message if prompted and I'll return it ASAP
For photos etc. my email is 'theflyingboatman@xxxxxxx'     Original URL:
http://austin.craigslist.org/car/270306541.html
AM