[tcb-kit] Passwords on our cluster

  • From: Tomas Kubar <tomas.kubar@xxxxxxx>
  • To: tcb-kit@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2011 10:08:47 +0100

Hi

I'd like to ask you to change your initial password on our cluster, if you haven't done so yet. It can be done like this:

1. Password on the server:
passwd
(as usually on unix)

2. LDAP password:
ldappasswd -x -W -D "uid=tkubar,ou=People,dc=ipc,dc=uni-karlsruhe,dc=de" -S "uid=tkubar,ou=People,dc=ipc,dc=uni-karlsruhe,dc=de"
(substitute "tkubar" by your username)
attention - you are asked to enter a new password first, and only then you shall enter the current password.

It is probably a good idea to make the passwords identical.

The passwords do not expire.

Thanks, tomas

PS: A brief user manual for our cluster will follow when I'm not so busy (probably in February). It will be published on the website on the server.