[tas-list] This Thursday begins the PLU Jazz Under the Stars evenings!

  • From: Alice Few <few_2001@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: TAS List <tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, TAS Students <tas-student@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2012 12:45:27 -0700 (PDT)

Gosh!  It is August already!

As mentioned at the last General Meeting, we have been invited to join with the
PLU music dept and KPLU in hosting Jazz Under the Stars!

http://www.plu.edu/music/calendar/home.php?details=jazz-stars-4

We have the next 3 Thursdays, Aug 2nd, Aug 9th and Aug 16th for solar viewing
before the concert and star gazing afterwards.

We can set up at 5:30pm to do solar viewing on the NW side of campus where
Wheeler St S turns north into 8th Ave Ct S, there is a grassy spot there just
north of the Mary Baker Russell Music Building.  Once the concert begins you
are welcome to stay for the music or grab a quick bite before migrating down to
the Keck for the post concert viewing.  I'll go down after the concert begins
to open up the dome and let things cool down.

The solar viewing is quite popular so it would be nice to have 3 telescopes
with filter on hand...if anyone has the club solar scope please bring that
along as well, I will get the spotter scope back and bring it along.

We are following right on the heals of a full moon so I'm not expecting much in
the way of faint fuzzies but we still have some nice planets and clusters to
follow.

If you have any questions please email me at few_2001@xxxxxxxxx or give me a
call at 253-653-1402.

Please drop a quick note to let me know if you CAN attend!

Many thanks!
Alice