[tas-list] Glasses for astronomy 3-D pictures

  • From: Dennis brew <dennisbrew@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <tas-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 00:44:12 -0700

I saw that Universe Today posted some pictures of the Apollo landing sites in
3-D.  You know, those anaglyph (sometimes misspelled in the article)  3D
pictures needing those glasses with red and green/blue lenses to see the stereo
effect.

http://www.universetoday.com/62691/apollo-landing-sites-now-in-3-d/

I also saw that the Dollar Tree stores have a display of boxes of "3D Vision
Deluxe Glasses."  "Works with any 3D TV or projector."  Well, I don't have a 3D
TV, but I bought a pair and they work for those 3D pictures on the Universe
Today website.

I also got 11 results on Astronomy Picture of the Day when I typed in the
search, "3D Stereo pictures".   (The 12th result is for cross eyed viewing.)

http://apod.nasa.gov/cgi-bin/apod/apod_search

So, that is for the students and for the kid in some of the rest of us.  ๐Ÿ˜Š

Maybe someone could print some of those pictures, buy a pair or two of those
glasses, and show them to the visitors at the Fair booth.

Send an email if you find another website of astronomy 3D pictures.

โ€œIf no one challenged the status quo, the world would still be flat.โ€