[taos-glug] Re: variable name conventions for vectors; David Hum

  • From: Jonathan Bartlett <johnnyb@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taos-glug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2003 04:56:47 -0700 (PDT)

> "There is an inconvenience which attends all abstruse reasoning. that it
> may silence, without convincing an antagonist, and requires the same
> intense study to make us sensible of its force, that was at first
> requisite for its invention."  A Treatise of Human Nature,
> Book III, Part I, Section I.

Excellent quote!  I'll have to keep that one around.  Yes, I'd say you
were quite correct.  One thing to keep in mind, however, is that college
students are a lot closer chronologically to matrix algrebra than us in
the working class :)

It would be great if SICP wound up as an open-source project - then we
could submit patches!

Jon