[taos-glug] Following up on Jon's last two emails re my progress report

  • From: Philip Ansteth <pansteth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taos-glug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2003 15:39:05 -0600

There are a couple of things:

I'm still hoping to coax a few people, who tell me they
are lurking, to join in.   I find the textbook (which I chose) to be
difficult when I don't read it just the right way.   I don't want
other people to fall into some of the same holes I have.

What I SHOULD have said earlier is that I've had difficulty
with the book for reasons that are INCIDENTAL to Scheme programming.
(In my case, it's that I've put some miserable experiences in
high school math classes out of my mind, along with the
math itself.)

So Jon rightly responded by listing things that are
good about Scheme.

I don't understand them, but presumably I will eventually if I persist.

So far, from Jon's list of Scheme features, I only recall one that has been
clearly addressed so far in SICP, namely the concept of
first class functions.

P.S. Jon, I haven't studied you examples yet, neither these latest
nor the ones you pointed to before.   I'll get to them eventually.