[taos-glug] Exercises 1.40-1.46? Better web pages with Scheme?

  • From: Philip Ansteth <pansteth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: taos-glug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2003 17:44:59 -0600

A earlier posting apparently went into the bit-bucket.  So I'll
summarize what was in it.  Besides, I need to get back to the
main event, which is studying "The Structure and Interpretation
of Computer Programs."

I checked the curriculum at
http://netgeek.ws/classes/esp/wcacs/

This is interesting, especially the claim at "Week 6" that the
combination of Scheme, the PLT/Scheme web server, and continuations
make it easier to do web programming.

I've seen similar topics quite a few place now.

I also read Paul Graham's essay on the business value of using Lisp
that Jon posted yesterday.

All such arguments are impossible for me to evaluate just yet, because
I still don't know enough about Scheme/Lisp.

To the lurkers:  I hope you will not be intimidated by the recent, rather
advanced discussions.    Let's keep our basic goal in mind:  to learn Scheme
in order to understand Gnu's Guile/C approach.

Has anybody tried exercises 1.40-1.46 in SICP?