[talks-uk] Re: recording

  • From: "Eleanor Burke" <eleanorburke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 20 Aug 2009 10:18:19 +0100

There is a warning about laws in different countries in respect of recording
amd the software state it takes no responsability for this. You then accept
your own responsability in hitting soft key one to install.

From: Walter Ramage - Email Address: wpr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent On: 19/08/2009 23:10
Sent To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx - Email Address: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: Total Recall

Hi.  In addition to what you said, it is in fact illegal to record telephone
conversations without the person on the other end's permission.  It is a
strange situation but if you and another person are  in the same room and
you are speaking on a mobile (or any other phone) with them and recording
that telephone conversation and at the same time recording the conversation
with a voice recorder, the telephone recording is illegal but the voice
recorder is not.  I don't really know what the difference is but I guess if
you are with someone in person and recording the conversation it is probably
considered the person being recorded would notice the recording device where
as they might be totally unaware that you are recording their telephone
conversation.  I suppose it comes under the telephone bugging regulations.
Walter.----Original Message-----