[talks-uk] Re: Talks, Tweets60 and Opening a Link

  • From: "Mel" <mel.spooner@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 18:52:43 -0000

Hi Graham,

Thanks, that worked.

Mel

-----Original Message-----
From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Graham Page
Sent: 04 February 2010 08:20
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: Talks, Tweets60 and Opening a Link

Hi Mel.

When you come across a message with a link in it, press enter to go into the
message.  Then make sure that cursor mode is set to original by pressing
Talks followed by number 2 for a second or so (refered to in the manual as
Long 2).  this cycles through the different cursor modes.  Once set to
original you arrow until you are on the link.

TALKS does not speak when you do this but you can use Talks key  and soft
key 1 to find out when you are on the link.  Talks and soft key 1 tells you
the current functions of softkey 1 and soft key 2.  When you first go into a
tweet, soft key 1 is just ok which goes back to the list of tweets.  In most
messages, I find that arrowing down once and right once will take you to the
link.  pressing talks and soft key 1 will tell you that the function of soft
key 1 has changed to view.  Pressing soft key 1 on its own will open the web
page.

In short then,
set cursor mode to original with talks and long number go in to message.
arrow down and right
press talks key 1 to check the status of soft keys when soft key 1 is view,
press soft key 1 and web page opens.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page