[talks-uk] Talks Premium, cool or rip off?

  • From: "Dj Paddy" <mygroups@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 09:36:58 +0100

Hi.

Personally  I think fifty quid is a bit steep for these apps.

I've tested quite a few of them and will stick my comments beside each one.

* Mini GPS, I must confess I haven't tested but I personally don't like things that make sfx's at me no matter how useful they may seem. Seems a watery item to charge for.

* World Clock Pro, OK but a keystroke that reads them would be nicer f it's not already implamented.

* Extended Profiles, Have it never use it. Novelty item, looks useful, isn't really.

* Extended Recorder, The one application that genuinly does look like it might be useful. My estimated value of the concept £7. Remember these are not very complex programs to write.

* Multimedia Player, Now this type of thing on your phone has always been a mistery to me!

A.  Cost and capacity of MMC cards!

B. Um have you heard the soundcards in the Simbian phones that talks works with?

Go out and buy an mp3 player, that is an mp3 player. It'll be cheaper and more useful in the long run as it'll more than likely be lighter than your phone, conserve battery life on your phone, (Try reading an audio book on your phone see how far you get), plus it'll double up as a pen drive so you can backup your talks licence code on it.

This is £50 ex VAT guys!  Come, on!

OK bung it in with all new purchases but are people really out there upgrading to talks premium to get these little noveltys?

PS. SOS about typos this rf keyboards lost it's letter i lol. So I'm having to press the wee spring down firmly.
Dj Paddy