[talks-uk] Re: Symbian left out in the cold, what about talks?

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2011 18:18:19 -0000

Walter.  There is a podcast on Android suggesting that Nuance is looking at
Android.  As you say, if Nokia is partnering up with Microsoft I would think
we can assume that Symbian is really all but dead though maybe Nokia will
continue to support it on cheaper smart phones as it is probably a good
interface for the keyboard but I'm not sure about this.  Talks has been
released and it introduces support for the Nokia N8 but it still looks
rather shaky.  As far as Mobile Speak goes, It will be interesting to see
what code factory does.  I would like to see a way in which Microsoft could
be brought to task over its virtual disreguard of accessibility in Windows 7
Mobile.  I assume that Windows Mobile will also have to move to Android.

Regards

Graham

Graham Page

Mobile: 07753 607980