[talks-uk] Re: Nokia N95 and GPS

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2007 06:24:59 +0100

Hi Keith,

The built in receiver does work, but the software that comes with it is no
good for a pedestrian mode, it is mainly designed for cars.  Wayfinder is a
much better experience.

You can use Wayfinder with the internal GPS receiver, but again, there are
much better external receivers that will give you a better experience -
receivers that will acquire a fix in a much shorter time.  But you can
definitely manage with the inbuilt receiver.