[talks-uk] Re: Nokia N82 firmware

  • From: Dean Wilcox <wilcoxdean@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Apr 2008 14:26:40 +0100

Well I'm glad I got a minor update at least as I found a strange problem. When I was on a call using the Nokia TTS and unmuted Talks I found that sometimes I lost the top half of my phone. This included the 5 way navigation, the soft key/menu delete rocker buttons and most unfortunately the power button. The number keys and call and end were fine but what use are they without the others! Well I haven't had it since so I am kind of satisfied.

By the way my update did get stuck and I found it got stuck when it rebooted, leaving the charger out solved this. My 6680 didn't have a problem with the charger left in but I looked on the net and it turns out I'm not the only one. On the positive side the phone is great, I love my reader and the data preservation works a treat!

At 07:47 30/04/2008, you wrote:
Hi Dean,

I don't understand the Nokia updater.  Mine too is sim-free and unbranded,
and I am still on the December firmware.  We just get it when we get it.