[talks-uk] Need some help with my Nokia 5800

  • From: "Elliott Barnes" <elliottabarnes@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, blindphones@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 19:57:18 +0100

Hi all,
Today I received my 5800, and after getting some sighted assistance in
installing Talks 5 I'm having some issues, and was wondering if anyone
could help me at all.

1. If I go to the Phone application on my Standby screen, I can get
feedback on what the softkeys do, but now which number I'm currently
sliding my finger across. Talks gives a vibration alert, but no voice
feedback.
Is this a bug, or is anyone else seeing this?

2. When I'm on/receiving a call, I can't seem to get Talks to interact with
the screen at all, I.E. to access key 1 during a call, or to find out the
caller ID, and any other functions.
Again, has anyone else seen this?
Thi is a big issue; my voicemail requires a PIN, and obviously I can't
enter it because Talks won't let me.

3. And finally, in the Update Manager, I have the firmware version, and
then something called a custom software version or something like that.
Can someone explain what that is?

Thanks for any help.
Cheers.