[talks-uk] Losing calls

  • From: Kevin Russell <kevin_russell@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 12 May 2006 10:40:58 +0100

Hi

I wonder if anybody can help with this.

I'm using a 6600 with an early version of Talks, 1.4.1 I think.  Yes I
know, it's time to upgrade, which I plan to do over the weekend.
Currently, my phone is set to go into screensaver mode after a few seconds
of non-use.  This is the default and I guess it does this to save the
screen and the battery.  However, when it goes into this mode and I
receive a call, I often lose the call completely when I try and answer it.
 I have the phone set to allow me to press any key to answer the phone.

My questions are:

1. Is this a known fault and how can I solve it?
2. Should I set the screensaver option off and if so, how do I do that.
3. Which is the best latest version of Talks to use with a 6600; I want to
use the US Eloquence voice.
4. Is the Nuance site the best place to download Talks or is the
audiolife.de FTP site still kept up-to-date and in parallel with the
Nuance website?

Many thanks for any help.

Cheers

Kevin