[talks-uk] Re: Licences

  • From: "Alistair" <alistair.kelly@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 21:16:50 -0000

Hi Neil,

This is helpful, thank you!

Alistair
----- Original Message ----- From: "Neil Barnfather - TalkNav" <talks@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Friday, March 05, 2010 10:21 AM
Subject: [talks-uk] Re: Licences

Alastair,

Technically you are not able to sell a phone on claiming that it comes with
a Talks license, whilst Talks is licensed to the phone it belongs to the
user, they are none transferable.

So if you sell an old phone, you can say it has Talks installed, but the new
owner will not be able to transfer that license, will not be entitled to
upgrades nor tech support etc.

If later they buy a new phone they should pay for a full brand new license.

If you leave your license on the phone for transfer, technically they'd be
in breach of the license if they then transfer it to a different phone in
the future.