[talks-uk] Re: Hi to all

  • From: "Brian Booth" <bp.booth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 15 Sep 2005 21:25:57 +0100

Hi Mike,

It depends what you want to use Mini GPS for. If you want point-to-point navigation, then you would have to spend a lot more money and go for something like Wayfinder.

What Mini GPS lets you do is name individual cells on your network. You can then, for example, set the phone to trigger an event once you enter or leave that cell. You could, for instance, set the phone to sound an alarm when you entered the cell of your home train station. But I doubt if it would work with bus stops, as they are probably too close together, and might well fall within the same cell.

Or you could set it up so that when you reached a point when you were near home, a text message could be automatically sent to someone at home to tell them to get started with cooking your evening meal!

Regards,

Brian.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Cassidy" <mike.cassidy@xxxxxxxxxxxx>