[talks-uk] Defining new hotkeys...

  • From: "Matt Brown" <matthew_brown@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2009 16:13:08 +0100

Hi folks, does anyone know if its possible with Talks to redefine a hotkey?

Basically when the N86 is closed you can't check the time unless you open the
slider and do Talks key 9, so I was wondering if it is possible to redefine
that hotkey and maybe swap it with the one for selecting output type for
example which is Talks key End if I remember rightly, as I never use that
hotkey anyway.

Failing that, does anyone else have any good ideas for accessing the date and
time whilst the phone is in standbye with the slider closed?

Another reason why I'd like to find a solution is that I have the phone in a
protective phone sock and its a real faff to remove the sock, then open the
slider just to hear the current time!

In theory I should only need to remove the sock to text or dial numbers because
everything else can be done with the buttons still visible with the phone
closed, navigating menus, selecting MP3 files, reading text messages, answering
and ending calls etc.

Cheers in advance,

Matt