[talks-uk] Re: Buying TALKS + moving phone

  • From: Graham Wilkins <graham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Jul 2006 12:23:50 +0100

I have had several items from Steve over the years, and found him to be good. Sometimes there are small communication glitches, but who's perfect?
On moving phones, I had to move Talks when I had to replace a phone, and although there needed to be proof of purchase and a new IMEI number, Steve gave me a new code for the existing Talks. Maybe things have changed, but I don't see how they can refuse - what if your phone dies the day after you install Talks, so you can't use it. I think it's a bit like transferring XP to a new computer, you have to be persuasive and have evidence - and not do it very often!
Graham W

Barbara Wilson wrote:

Having always got TALKS pre-installed on my phone for me I am not sure what is the best way to go about buying it and where is best to purchase it from. I know you can download a trial version and then purchase the license, but where should one do this from? Or is there an easier or better way of going about it? And who is the best dealer to buy it from? Regarding Computer Room Services, I am dubious about dealing with them as although they invite you to Email them with any queries on their Web Site, I have done so on three separate occasions and received no reply - not the sort of response I would expect from a reliable seller. Can anyone give me any advice?
Many thanks.
Barbara Wilson
Email: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
MSN: barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:barkingbabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>