[talks-uk] Re: Blogs

  • From: "Graham Page" <gpage@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 26 Jan 2010 16:52:50 -0000

try blogger which you can access if you have a google account.  it's a while
since I set mine up so can't remember if there are any of those capcha jobs,
maybe someone else can advise on that one.

anyway once set up you can send to the blog in various ways.

You can go to the address of your blog which will be in the form
http://something@xxxxxxxxxxxx  and sign inb.  You can then post to your blog
from the website using the mobile.  this should work with TALKS but it may
take a while for pages to load.

the other option is to email posts to your blog.  This is probably the most
effective option, particularly if you have limited texts.  You can choose to
set this up from the control pannel of the blog once you sign in which is
referred to as the dashboard.

I think you can text entries as well but not sure how this works.

One disadvantage with blogger is that as far as I know, there is no way of
telling how many people visited your blog without adding extra tools to it
from third parties.

Some people have also used wordpress.  I looked at this a few years ago and
thought it looked rediculously complicated so didn't use it so I've not seen
it recently.

Regards

Graham
Graham Page