[talks-uk] Another app some find useful

  • From: Georgina Joyce <r2gl@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 21:31:29 +0000

Hi All

I've ripped most of my music into vorbis ogg format.  Consequently, find
it difficult to find players.  But I've found this player and thought
I'd share it with you guys.  Especially, as it'll work on the 5th
generation series when we get access to them this week!

http://sourceforge.net/projects/folderplay/

Share
More
FolderPlay Icon
FolderPlay

by demidov71

    * Summary
    * Files
    * Support
    * Develop

An audio application for Symbian OS, that gaplessly plays back a subset
of the directory structure with orientation on lossless formats and
supports the following audio file types: WAV, LPCM, FLAC, APE/MAC, AC3,
MP3, OGG, AAC (ADTS). [S60 9.2-9.4]
Download Now! FolderPlay v1.8 (softFP) (251.8 KB) OR View all files

http://folderplay.sourceforge.net

Features:

    * Decodes all usefull open-source audio formats and those, that can
be ripped from CD or DVD.
    * Gapless playback, provided the same audio parameters of
consecutive clips.
    * Recursively plays back folders, not playlists. Supports CUE
sheets.
    * Random rewinding, even of those formats that have no time info.
    * Simplicity of the interface and small size of the app., light on
battery.

Release Date:
2010-02-21
Registered:
2009-06-25
Show project details
Show:
Subscribe
Ratings and Reviews

    * Thumbs up:
      116
    * Thumbs down:
      18

86% of 134 users recommend this project

    * Thumbs up

      Great. I was using oggplay, but that still hasn't got gapless. I
am very happy with this !
      posted by Paparodo 171 days ago
      If you'd like to rate this review, please log in.
    * Thumbs up

      nice, works on 5800XM, cue support!
      posted by anonymous 5 days ago
      If you'd like to rate this review, please log in.
    * Thumbs up

      on E72 it does not continue playing after call. It does not play
and does not exit. Only option is to restart the phone.
      posted by anonymous 18 days ago
      If you'd like to rate this review, please log in.

--
Gena

four kinds of freedom, for the users of the software:

    * The freedom to run the program, for any purpose (freedom 0).
    * The freedom to study how the program works, and adapt it to your
needs (freedom 1). Access to the source code is a precondition for this.
    * The freedom to redistribute copies so you can help your neighbor
(freedom 2).
    * The freedom to improve the program, and release your improvements
to the public, so that the whole community benefits (freedom 3). Access
to the source code is a precondition for this.

Richard Matthew Stallman