[talks-uk] Re: Accessible Weather Application?

  • From: "Steve Nutt" <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 15:44:28 -0000

Hi,

Just use http://braille.weatherunderground.com.  Just type in the city and
look it up. Simple!

From: talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:talks-uk-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]
On Behalf Of Hussein Patwa
Sent: Saturday 2 January 2010 13:46
To: talks-uk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [talks-uk] Accessible Weather Application?

Hi,

Does anyone know of a good accessible weather app that preferrably can store
weather for multiple cities?  I've tried SBS Weather, WorldMate, Handy
Weather and the Accuweather widget and they are all inaccessible when
accessing the actual weather info, although you can get WorldMate to speak
the weather very briefly if you do some fiddling.

I use the Accuweather mobile site at the moment and I love the detail there,
but it's a nuisance when you want to quickly change forecast types or
cities, unless you keep about half a dozen bookmarks.

Thanks as always.  I know I seem to be on an application frenzy at the
moment, but I'm really starting to try to get the most out of this phone
now.

_______________________________________

Have a pleasant day,

Kind Regards and Best Wishes,

Hussein.

Hussein Patwa

Tel: 0789 47 595 62 (UK)

Tel: +44 (0)122 4433 954  (SIP)

Skype: patwaspotterfan2

GoogleTalk: thewanderingwriter

Web: www.patwanet.co.uk

My Blog: http://patwaspotterfan.livejournal.com

Find me on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=510013486

Please note: For security reasons calls from witheld numbers may not be
connected.  Please release your number so it can be viewed prior to calling.
Contact your telephone service provider for advice on how to do this if
required.  All calls may be recorded for fact verification.

DISCLAIMER:

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential or sensitive
information and are intended solely for the stated recipient(s).  Copying or
distribution in any form is not permitted without the prior consent of the
sender.  If you have received this message in error, please delete it and
any attachments from your system and notify the sender immediately.

Thank you for your co-operation.

Protect our trees; Do not print unless absolutely necessary.  Save paper by
deleting sections of the message which are not relevant.

Email message - is OK