[tabi] Re: upcoming seminar on using Vista with a screen reader

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 16:06:36 -0400

Thanks Lynn for the updated link.

Yes, I too think that's 7 pm.

If I were taking the class, I'd at least ask her how much of the
presentation was specific to a certain screen reader?  If I were
teaching it in her place, I'd try to make the class work for all screen
readers and magnifiers, but you'd want to be sure about that before
giving over your money.

I just attended a week long webinar, billed as having live audio, but it
turned out they only had an audio feed to you (the student), and no way
for the student to ask questions via the audio link; it was a big
disappointment because of that, so I'd also ask her about the audio
arrangements, and how and when the students would be able to interact
with the instructor to allow for questions.  Our webinar only allowed
email-like questions, and the instructors tended to forget about them
because they also had live students present, so maybe an hour after a
topic was covered they'd remember to check the questions, and of course
the class had long since moved on, so they'd give some quick answer and
they were, and more aware of the needs of her audience, but I'd still
want to know if there would be a chance for questions; you get so much
more out of a class where you can interact with the instructor.