[tabi] reminder about change in comcast tv

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2010 12:56:11 -0400

Hi all,

you should have gotten a letter by now, but maybe you couldn't easily
read it, so I'll remind everyone about this:

if you're a customer of comcast tv, and you're not using digital cable
tv, regular analog cable TV will be ending on September 22nd.  you have
to switch to digital cable, or, what will be left will be only the 5
locally broadcast stations for ordinary tv's which don't have a digital
set-top box.

there are a very few models of HD tvs which will accept a cablecard (so
you don't have to use a digital set-top box), and comcast will give you
either a set-top box or a cablecard as part of digital cable, but you
will have to have one or the other after the 22nd in order to receive
more than the 5 local stations.

Or, the newer tivo will also take a cablecard (and that's what we just
ordered).

hth,