[tabi] progress reports from Brian Waterman of StarMetro

  • From: "Chip and Allie Orange" <acorange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 4 Jul 2014 18:17:01 -0400

From: Waterman, Brian [mailto:Brian.Waterman@xxxxxxxxxx]

Sent: Monday, June 30, 2014 4:21 PM

To: Chip Orange

Subject: Google Transit and Technology Update

Chip,

I want to give you periodic updates on where we are providing applications
and other

features for our customers. As for

GoogleTransit

, ISS has installed software on StarMetro computers to test GTFS data.
During the

week of 6/30-7/3, StarMetro will identify errors using the software and work
with

ISS to address next steps in fixing those errors.

We also met with our Trapeze vendor last week. They are making it a high
priority

to provide us a realtime

and trip planning app for smartphones. As soon as I have a timeline, I will
let

you know. They are also working to make the online trip planner compliant
with screen

readers. We also received a request to provide the Turn-by-Turn route
information

on our website. We should have this done by the end of next week.

Thank you for your help.

Brian S. Waterman, AICP

Transit Planning Manager

StarMetro