[tabi] Re: pedestrian and traffic safety

  • From: ericamccaul@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: tabi@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2010 10:55:24 -0400

 Chip, and others
Thank you for realizing that pedestrian safety-- and, more broadly-- traffic
safety, is NOT JUST AN ISSUE FOR THE DISABLED!
Yes, those of us who walk more as an alternative to driving ARE
disproportionately affected, but every time you are on the road, even in a cab
or whatnot, you are susceptible to the laws of physics as they relate to many
moving two-plus ton steel/plastic objects.

 In an ideal world, there would be a separate entity of police just for traffic
monitoring, so we wouldn't have to suffer from the argument "A guy who runs a
red light isn't as dangerous as a murderer."
Erica